We are delighted to be able to offer this unique and valuable opportunity to manage our contemporary art gallery in the heart of the Norfolk Broads. The Job Description and Person Specification are detailed below.
To make an application, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to talk to someone informally about the job, please email us and we will respond as soon as we can. Please use your application to evidence how your skills and experience match the role.
Due to our location, applicants must hold a valid driving license and have access to their own vehicle.
Application deadline: Friday 30 November.
Please do not contact us if you are an agency.
Job Title: Manager – Riverside Art and Glass
Location: Riverside Art and Glass Ltd, Wroxham
Some travel to Gallery in the Lanes, Norwich
Hours of Work: 5 days per week (working pattern to be agreed)
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Reports to: Gallery Director
Responsible for: Gallery Assistants
Purpose of Job: Taking ownership of the gallery space (including online) and how commercially successful it is, ensuring things run smoothly; supporting and deputising for the Gallery Director.
– Ensure the gallery and online presence is looking its best; visual merchandising and replenishing displays creatively and efficiently, and ensuring the website is accurate and up to date.
– Create, maintain and develop relationships with customers, both new and existing
– Initiate and oversee temporary exhibitions within the gallery, under supervision from the Gallery Director
– Keep the Gallery Director informed of gallery activities, referring decisions where appropriate
– Sourcing new artists
– Network with relevant individuals and organisations
– Initiate and implement a range of marketing activities, including off-site displays, projects and events
Leading a team
– Manage and motivate an effective sales team
– Providing opportunities for your team to grow and develop
– Ensure a wide range of daily and weekly operational tasks are completed
– Assist with recruitment and oversee inductions for new staff
– Monitor sales and analyse data
– Liaise with and build relationships with artists and other suppliers
– Monitor customer enquiries, framing and gallery email accounts – ensuring all enquiries and orders are being dealt with promptly and efficiently
– Assist with financial and reporting procedures
– Order stationary and consumables
– Support and liaise with Gallery Director and Proprietors as and when required
– Work closely with colleagues across the business to ensure commercial success for all
– Adhere to Health and Safety procedures and ensure all persons on site are aware of Health and Safety policy
The previous points do not represent an exhaustive description of the duties and occasions will arise when other responsibilities will be given by the company. Please also note that due to the nature of the job this role will involve heavy lifting and working at height. There may also be regional and national travel, and occasional lone working.
Maths and English GCSE at Level 4/Grade C or above
Undergraduate Degree in a Visual Arts subject area
Additional training or qualifications in any relevant area such as customer service, finance or the visual arts.
Exemplary interpersonal communication skills including face to face, phone and email, with a wide range of people and businesses.
Ability and willingness to learn ‘on-the-job’
Ability and willingness to work within a team
Ability to follow and give clear instructions
Ability to motivate, coach and lead a team
Ability to talk passionately and convincingly about art and hand-made objects
Proven ability to create and develop Commercial relationships
Proven ability to organise events and exhibitions relevant to the Visual Arts.
Good working knowledge of basic computer programmes including Word and Excel.
Knowledge of contemporary art including individual artists and makers across a range of traditional media (excluding digital)
Basic knowledge of Health and Safety
Knowledge of a range of software programmes including MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Experience of internal and external customer service
Experience of updating websites and social media
Experience of working in a busy environment and applying practical skills such as changing lightbulbs, cleaning and moving heavy items around a storage space
Cash handling and taking card payments
Experience in hanging artwork and / or visual merchandising
High-end retail or hospitality experience
Experience of using EPOS till system
Experience of handling complex customer enquiries
Experience of managing a commercial website or online store
Experience of marketing, advertising and PR
Experience of managing a budget
Demonstrable interest in the visual arts and hand-made objects
A team player
Wouldn’t ask someone to do something that you wouldn’t do yourself
Able to delegate in a confident and positive manner
An abundance of initiative
A ‘can-do’ attitude
Willing to learn